Introducing the Assembly Book
Measure or count a construction condition or detail once, and calculate multiple related items instantly!
Combine Cloud Takeoff for your blueprint takeoffs with our new Assembly Book for Microsoft Excel (2007 or newer required), and you have a complete construction estimating solution, for a fraction of what you would pay for an old fashioned ‘trade show’ program. Excel is used by more professional construction estimators than any other software for creating construction job cost estimates.
However there can be challenges:
- nearly impossible to build a library of assemblies in a typical Excel spreadsheet
- formulas can be easily overwritten or damaged leading to incorrect results
- item costs can be easily damaged or left to become outdated
- project reports typically contain lots of unneeded items for the current project
These issues are overcome by the new Assembly Book. This system is perfect for any trade from landscaping to concrete, masonry, roofing, waterproofing, drywall, or the mechanical trades. Any trade that needs to build assemblies to complete their job cost estimate is perfect for the Assembly Book. Quickly and easily build your own assemblies and use them over and over again on future projects.
Setting up your new Assembly Book is easy!
- Consistency – Enforce a standard on your estimating, no more missed items due to a disorganized estimate sheet.
- Speed – Build an estimate with multiple assemblies and single items all in one shot, from a single dialog box.
- Accuracy – Specify how much to apply for waste and how much to round an item up in your database, and those figures will be used on every future estimate.
- Easy to use – No need for expensive software training – The Assembly Book is intuitive and easy to use with the familiar Excel interface, even for the computer novice.
- Security – no danger of overwriting or damaging important formulas.
- Win more profitable work – Bid more work in less time with greater accuracy and understand where your costs are on each project you bid.
- Setup your own (or use our defaults) cost categories and assign each item to its own cost category for detailed financial reports on each project.
- Build your own database of items (or use the one we provided) as you go, or we can import your existing list of items for you.*
- Save all your items in a database for easy recall on future projects, use them in your assemblies or add them directly to your estimate
- New “Enterprise” version enables multiple simultaneous users to share a common database, projects and assemblies.
- Job Templates – Save a previously created estimate under a new name for a future similar project, modify quantities and you are done!
- Track labor related to items or setup separate labor items in your database
- Build your assemblies and formulas using the familiar Excel format, or learn to do so using our free training videos
- Summary report automatically lists all labor and material items by category for the current project – adjust pricing to match the job as needed
- Use our standard Financial Report to instantly apply markup and tax
- New location report, view material and labor quantities by location, floor, room, or any criteria you choose!
- Custom report writer to build your own custom financial report for use on each project
- Self contained – With the Assembly Book you can build, edit and save up to 1 million items, assemblies, categories or estimates and they are all saved in the Assembly Book!
*Optional data import -
Join us in an online webinar to see how it works!
Trade Specific Assembly Books Currently Available – including database and sample assemblies (download any or all w/ purchase):
Commercial Roofing – 1,300 item database includes Firestone, Carlisle, JM, GAF and more
Drywall & Metal Framing – more than 200 items including metal studs, track, all types of sheathing, insulation, ceiling grid, ceiling tile and labor items
HVAC – more than 500 items in the database including pricing for all sizes of lined and unlined rectangular and spiral duct as well as hangers, grilles, dampers and more
Masonry – includes more than 50 items in this database but includes block sizes from 4″ to 14″ plus 4 types of brick, mortar, sand, grout, rebar, coping, sills, dur a wall and more
Standard book – includes a blank database that you can easily build as you go for any trade
Buy and download any Assembly Book of your choice today for only $699 (one time fee, single user)!
includes video training, technical support and product updates for one year. Your purchase also includes the video training series “The Beginners Guide to Estimating with Excel 2007″.
New “Enterprise” version enables simultaneous users to share a common database of items, assemblies and projects from one shared workbook. Go here to purchase and download the Enterprise version for only $1,099!